Good morning, Joe fans! So another Toy Fair Hasbro Fan Event is behind us and as we all recover from the attack on our senses from the G.I. Joe Eaglehawk, I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of an exciting new custom contest being held over on JoeDeClassified.com and JoeCustoms.com.
The guys over there are asking for all of you talented customizers to work up a custom of an unproduced G.I. Joe toy. The rules are as follows:
Custom contest rules:
1. Customs may be figures or vehicles.
2. Any customs created for any prior contest, or that have been shown prior on the web are automatically disqualified. Customizers should submit a photo with their entry that shows their construction materials with any dated item (magazine, etc) created after the contest start date.
3. Customs must be of an unfinished Hasbro product (Rocky, for example). Anything that ever existed in any state of design is eligible. Please see the references at the bottom for further inspiration.
4. All entries are due no later than 15April2013.
5. All prize-winning customs become property of Joe Declassified, and will be auctioned off, with proceeds going to help support future Declassified endeavors. If contest winners do not wish to participate in the fundraising process, we will select the next highest rated customs to take their place.
6. No more than 3 custom entries per individual.
7. Entries MUST include real name, any online screen names, city and state of origin. All entry photos should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include no more than 10 photos per entry. Any questions or clarifications of contest rules should be sent to the same email address.
8. All judges and Joe Declassified staff are automatically disbarred from entry.
There are some stellar judges who are set to judge these entries as well… Fran from HissTank, Chris from JoeSightings, Fred from JoeBattleLines, Terry from YoJoe, staff of JoeCustoms and JoeDeClassified, and even John Warden himself from Hasbro will be taking part in judging! The owner and admin of a certain hack site will also be letting his 2 cents known. No, I do not take bribes, but anyone doing unproduced Sigma 6 toys will get 50 bonus points!
The greatest thing about this contest, though, are the prizes! They are taking out all the stops in offering some fantastic prizes like a carded unreleased Wave 14 Storm Shadow, a full FSS set, and an SDCC Exclusive Jinx 2-Pack. Find out all of the juicy details over at JoeDeClassified.com and JoeCustoms.com. I cannot WAIT to see these entries!