As time continues to roll on, it feels a bit odd writing up these updates, considering how far along I am now, but how far back I feel like I should write so I don’t skip too much time. Folks who have been following along, know that in Part Three I talked about the sudden appearance of 7 feet of copper piping on one wall, and how that threw my entire display idea into flux. The builder accommodated nicely by walling around those pipes and the wall-mounted ventilation system, giving me some room to work with.
At this point, we’ve been living in the house for about two months, and the room is starting to come together. Click the read the rest of the story link below for the full details.
It’s been a while since I posted an update on this project, mostly because life has been really busy. We had the whole G.I. Joe: Retaliation movie change fiasco, which prompted a lot of podcast recordings, which then spiraled into preparation for JoeCon as well as preparing to move. As I write this, I am currently in the new house, however the toy room is still in its infancy.
I’m approaching Part Three with the perspective that sometimes things don’t always go as planned, and sometimes roadblocks get thrown in your way (no pun intended) but it is important to look on the bright side of things and not get upset over the little speed bumps that come your way. As we got closer and closer to the house finishing construction, it became evident that the final result of my toy room wasn’t going to match what I had pictured in my head. The real issue was how could I adapt to the changes that were coming.
Click the Read the Rest of the Story link below for the full details.
Starting today I’m going to be doing a little feature documenting the construction of my new toy room that’s happening along with the construction of my new house, scheduled to be complete this June.
Some posts will be more about my own history, some posts will just be a look at some images.
I’m not sure exactly where I’m going with this, but I figured I’d take this opportunity to try and do something interesting and document the process of my toy room coming together. Take it or leave it. Check out Part 1 after the jump.