I always love getting these emails in my inbox. As many of you know by now, there is a strong G.I. Joe fan presence in the Philippines and they make themselves known during various mall shows and toy conventions when they take out all the stops and display their amazing collections and diorama talents. May 21-22, there was one of these shows at Robinson’s Place Manila Mall (in the Philippines) in celebration of TAGCOM 2011, organized by Hobbiworx and PinoyToyKolektors (PTK).
As we’ve come to expect TS118 was there in force, displaying an awesome Iron Grenadier army, complete with Castle Destro diorama! Check out the details and the image gallery below, I think you’ll love it as much as I do. If you like what you see, definitely check out the TS118 Forums or the TS118 Blog to stay tuned in to what they’re doing next.
– Inspired by Castle Destro in GI Joe #21 (1984) – Silent Interlude
– Main theme is Destro and his Iron Grenadier army in his Castle stronghold
– Displayed last weekend May 21-22, 2011 at the Robinson’s Place Manila Mall (Philippines) in celebration of TAGCOM 2011, organized by Hobbiworx and PinoyToyKolektors (PTK).
– Brought to you by the same team that came up with O: Shock and Awe, O: Killzone, O: Forced Entry, O: Gothic Serpent, O: Sidewinder Verde, O: Grayia Seize-r, O: Ivory Blanket, O: Snake Rising …the Philippines only local 3 3/4 (1:18) Joe online community..TS118
– Used space was only 6 feet by 5 feet (2 tables)
– This diorama changes display twice per day (total of 4 set-ups over the weekend). This style is the first of its kind in the Philippines for action figures (regardless of scale). We dubbed it as a “dynamic modular diorama” or DMD. In this case, it is called Dynamic Modular Destro-rama.
– Took 5 weekends of preparation and actual dio-work to complete (figures/structures/vehicles). Mostly done on Saturdays only.
– Collaboration done by at least 15 members (builders, pledgers/financiers, consultants, etc.).
– The Castle itself is more than 6 feet tall when mounted on a table top, and features a castle keep, a main hall and underground sections.
– Featured GI Joe customs in 25A body constructions (The Plague, Voltar, Metalhead, Mistress Armada, Alexander Destro, General Mayhem, among others) plus hidden mickeys (Deadpool/Udon Taskmaster, etc).