Still playing a bit of catch up today and yesterday with JoeCon intel as I was on the road for a lot of the excitement, then ended up at work until after midnight with a Firewall/Switch issue. When it rains, it pours…
Anyway, a spontaneous Hasbro round table was held yesterday in conjunction with the Rise of COBRA panel, and they showcased a lot of images of upcoming 2010 exclusive items, mostly available at Toys “R” Us and Target stores. They also talked about some “zipcord” figure/vehicle sets intended for the kids’ market, but those vehicles will come with fully functional Pursuit of COBRA action figures in them. They are listed as follows:
Rip Attack Zipcord Vehicles
- JetStorm Cycle w/ Snake Eyes
- Tiger Snake w/ Street-Viper
- RAM w/ Sandstorm (the Joe that Zartan kills and disguises himself as!)
- Trouble Bubble w/ Elite-Viper
- Glider w/ Ace
- Twin Battle Gun w/ Range-Viper (a darker colored Range-Viper from the 7-Pack? SOLD!)
Toys “R” Us Exclusives
- Single Pack Doc (Arctic Threat)
- Single Pack Shipwreck (Arctic Threat)
- Sting Raider w/ Copperhead and Swamp-Viper (Swamp-Viper is an AVAC in green)
And in perhaps, some of the best news of the panel, Hasbro revealed they are retooling the Sigma 6 2.5″ Iron Hammer mechs to fit the full sized figures! Hell yeah!
Images are mirrored below, courtesy of JoeBattleLines.com.
The panel also discussed Shadow Tracker, who is a COBRA tracker who refuses to use guns, and only uses melee weapons. He was conceived of to work with Jungle-Vipers, who are all macked out on nanomites, and use advanced technology to pin down their targets, then Shadow Tracker goes in to finish them off. A very cool team, and an absolutely bad ass looking figure.