Take this with a boulder-sized grain of salt, as this is unconfirmed information, but over on Fighting 118th, Duffman spoke with a Hasbro representative at San Diego ComicCon (who wasn’t Derryl DePriest, and that rep acknowledged some possible plans for 2014 over on the G.I. Joe side of the house.
From what F118th gathered:
- 2014 will have a 50th Anniversary line
- 2014 figures will sport a 50th Anniversary Logo on the packaging
- Discussions have taken place to possibly have the figure line to be exclusively at Target
- Kreo will continue to be a Toys R Us exclusive
- G.I.Joe 3 plans have started and will be supported by a figure line
This is certainly more information than was revealed to several previous interviews throughout ComicCon weekend, and gives Joe fans a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel, if the news is accurate. Kudos to Fighting 118th for digging this information out, now the long wait for Toy Fair 2014 begins…
Keep in mind, too, though, that there are numerous “Hasbro reps” that are roaming around ComicCon, and they don’t all have intimate knowledge of all the brands, and their information may not be the most current…so again, your mileage may vary.