I remember it like it was yesterday… not only was my team playing the biggest game of the year, but G.I. Joe: Retaliation was poised to launch their huge Super Bowl TV spot, introducing the viewing public to the wonders of flying mountain ninjas.
This year, not so much.
Not only is my team not in the game, but from the sounds of Latino Review, G.I. Joe: Retaliation will not return to the big stage for a second go at an its marketing campaign. I’m not quite sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet. Actually, correct that. I know it’s not a good thing. But is it terrible?
We’ve already had over 12 months of G.I. Joe: Retaliation advertising blitz, is one more commercial during the Super Bowl going to provide any additional bang for the buck, or will it simply be a reminder to folks of what happened in early 2012?
I suppose time will tell what the affect is, but I almost wish Paramount was jumping back in with both barrels blasting instead of treading on eggshells hoping to not remind folks about the delay. Thanks again to Latino Review for the information.
- What’s on Joe Mind Speaks out on Retaliation toys and Super Bowl spot
- Potential Super Bowl spot for G.I. Joe: Retaliation?
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl Spot Screen Caps
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl Trailer debuts on iTunes TODAY
- New G.I. Joe: Retaliation footage to be unveiled during the Super Bowl!