Yes, it only took a matter of hours after the initial announcement, and I’m very happy to report that the Figure Subscription Service is now LIVE.
We all knew it would happen shortly after the store launched, and here we go. The G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club has officially announced the Figure Subscription Service with full details on pricing and the timeline for signing up for the subscription. This news comes via GIJoeClub.com and the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club Facebook Page.
A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE G.I. JOE COLLECTORS’ CLUB. Re: FSS
The launch of the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club Figure Subscription Service is imminent; we will notify you the link when we make the service active. While we are loading the final details, here are some things to remember:
1. You must be a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club to take advantage of the Figure Subscription Service.
3. What you do need to be concerned about is the closing date of the subscription service, which ENDS on September 4th at midnight.
4. You can either pay In Full or by Installment. There will be 3 installments. When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two months’ shipments. Then sometime during the second month, you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th months’ shipments and sometime during the 4th month you will be billed for the final 2 months’ shipments.
5. Your free surprise 13th figure will come with your final shipment during the 6th month.
6. The figures will be shipped in random order. All members receive the same figures each month. The figure pairings will not be preannounced. So if you don’t mind, when you get your shipment each month, PLEASE do not go online and tell what you received. We want each shipment to be a surprise for as many members as possible.
7. The cost is $294 if Paid In Full (plus shipping) or three Installments of $98 (plus shipping). Please note that there is a $3 online processing fee for each billing. We take Visa, Discover or MasterCard. Unfortunately we cannot accept Money Orders or Checks for this offer.
8. If you pick a shipping service that does not include insurance or if you don’t pick the insurance, we do not have any responsibility for replacement of lost or damaged or misdirected orders.
9. If you move or need to change your credit card during the program, you can log into your account and change it there. This will change all of your future FSS billings and shipments. We will also be sending you reminders to check your address and cc before each billing/shipment goes out. We are not responsible for shipments that are lost due to incorrect shipping information on file.
10. We are waiting on the final schedule from China so we don’t know exactly when the first figures will ship. We hope it will be by Christmas. We will announce this as soon as we get the final schedule.
11. Some of the figures (single figures) MAY be available in the Club Store after the subscriber’s figures ship. These will be at a price of $32 per figure. There is no guarantee of availability of any of the figures in the club store. If you want to ensure getting these limited edition figures, you need to subscribe to the service.
Through its newsletter and over on the excellent Sideshow Collectibles Twitter Account, a teaser for an upcoming Storm Shadow status has been shown! The full reveal will happen through The Experience on August 14th, but this teaser is a pretty excellent debut as it is.
Check it out right here, I’ve also mirrored the image below.
Just a reminder…we’re still running the G.I. Joe Concept Case Survey, but it will wrap up on MONDAY. All responses will be gathered and sent in to Hasbro, even though they will also be running their own online polling somewhere down the line.
Let your voices be heard. Don’t lose your steam.
Check out the survey right here!
Hopefully those of you local to Toronto are already aware of this fact, but those of you who aren’t…
This weekend at the Sheraton in Toronto will be the Canadian JoeCon for 2012! Featuring a fantastic convention exclusive series of figures, an exclusive comic, some awesome G.I. Joe seminars, and tons of dealers in the dealer room, this is a destination place for all Joe fans North (and South) of the border. IDW artist Robert Atkins will be there, as will G.I. Joe authors Mark Bellomo and James Kavanaugh, Jr. The guys from JoeDeclassified will also have a booth and a panel.
Check out all of the details at CanadianJoeCon.com, but more importantly, BE THERE.
I had to work out a special… “deal” with Robert, but now that the deal is taken care of, I am allowing his name to be mentioned on GeneralsJoes again. :D
Over on his awesome blog page, the IDW G.I. Joe cover artist has showcased some more G.I. Joe art, specifically a beautiful Scarlett piece drawn by him and colored by Simon Gough, and also a nice little snippet of a Snow Job piece which is apparently part of a much bigger project.
Check out the new additions to Robert Atkins Art right here!