You ever have one of those days? Yeah, I think pretty much the entire G.I. Joe fandom yesterday had one of those days. When I got the text message from Gary last night about possibly recording a special edition, I’ll admit, I was hesitant, as I think he was, too. We both felt like we’d been kicked in the nards, and I don’t think either one of us was much in the mood to talk about it.
But then Twitter came to the rescue… the Tweets, emails, PM’s, and text messages started flooding in…Joe fans who wanted to talk it out. Admins of websites who wanted to talk about this. Wanted an immediate reaction. So, we decided what the hell. Gathering together a veritable “who’s who” of site administrators, G.I. Joe fans,
elitists podcasters, and even some industry professionals, we took to Skype and gave it to you raw.
Full credit goes to Gary Godsoe who burned the midnight oil, spending hours after we were done recording getting the audio processed and online, pretty much raw and unedited. I will admit…it was cathartic. It was a huge help to me in figuring out where Paramount was coming from and what we should look towards moving forward to March, 2013, and I want to personally thank everyone who joined us.
Now, don’t think this is the end! We are taking your voice mail messages as well in preparation for our normal recording next week. We want to hear from YOU. Let your voices be heard concerning yesterday’s movie news. For our next episode we are going to feature YOUR voicemails. All you have to do is call in and share your thoughts. Please AT LEAST tell us your first name and PLEASE keep your messages no worse than a PG-13 rating. We reserve the right not to air any hostile or vulgar messages. (262) 515-9656
As of the recording last night we had already received almost two dozen voicemails, and obviously we can’t play them all, but we will choose some best of the best and share your raw emotion as we discuss what this means for the brand. No worries, this is a story we will be talking about for a long, long time. As usual, you can hit up our Podbean page to check out last night’s special edition, or check out the embedded player below. Some brief show notes as always after the jump.
It is the news NO ONE wanted to read. It was the news NO ONE wanted to believe. Regardless what no one wanted, it is the new reality of the motion picture dedicated to our favorite hobby. Instead of being released June 29, 2012, the movie that we’ve waited so long for and seemed only a few weeks away got moved to March 2013. Join WOJM co-hosts Chuck, Justin, Mike and Gary along with special guests Arune Singh from Marvel Comics and Brian Truitt from USA Today as we have a roundtable discussion with a number of community leaders about what this move means to the line and its future. While disbelief and frustration are the theme of the night, the cast looks hard toward what if any silver lining can be found and attempt to predict what the next 9 months will bring. Its a raw, unedited recording of a roundtable of fans picking up the pieces from the day. May 23, 2012 is the start of a new reality for GI Joe. Hear what the gang has to say…
- Arune Singh from Marvel Comics – On Twitter
- Brian Truitt from USA Today – On Twitter
- Terry Dizard – YoJoe.com
- Sam “Nomad” Damon – JoeDeclassified.com
- Gary “Gyre Viper” Head – JoeDeclassified Spec Ops Podcast
- Rich Alot – Real American Hero.com
- Jay Hunger – CardedHeroes.com and the Moderately Geeky podcast
- John “PLuv” Golembiewski - JoeCustoms.com
- James Kavanaugh, Jr. – RAHC Guide.com
- Craig Moore – the Fwooshcast
- Gary Godsoe – What’s on Joe Mind Podcast
- Beachhead Mike – What’s on Joe Mind Podcast and JoeSightings.com
- Chuck – What’s on Joe Mind Podcast and YouTube
- Justin – What’s on Joe Mind Podcast and GeneralsJoes.com
News and Intel
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation pushed back nine months to March 29, 2013
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation – What does the date change really mean?
- Movie Releases for March, 2013
- What’s on Joe Mind Special Edition #11 – G.I. Joe: Retaliation footage report!
- Whats on Joe Mind JoeCon Special Edition
- Canadian JoeCon Special Edition of Whats On Joe Mind is online
- Whats on Joe Mind Episode 35 is online now
- Whats on Joe Mind Episode 15 is Online!