Over the past couple of days I’ve mentioned a number of times that it was somewhat unclear where Storm Shadow’s head was going to be in the G.I. Joe: Retaliation film and which side he would be fighting on.
Well, the Korea times interviewed Lee Byung-Hun and he reveals some details behind the motivations of Storm Shadow and what prompted him to return for the sequel to tackle this character. The most interesting line in the interview is probably the following:
“His character is an independent combatant who fights for neither good nor evil in the story. Lee said that his status as a loner was the role’s biggest attraction and claimed he would not want to play anyone else, even if he were given a chance.”
This quote certainly seems to indicate that Storm Shadow won’t necessarily be devoted to either Cobra or G.I. Joe in the film sequel, and that he will sort of remain on his own side, so to speak. Interesting…
Thanks to GeneralsJoes commentor Skywarppro for the information!
- Storm Shadow to be “overhauled” for upcoming G.I. Joe sequel?
- New G.I. Joe: Retaliation image creates more questions about Storm Shadow
- Korean G.I. Joe: Retaliation trailer features .04% more Storm Shadow
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation theatrical trailer features more Storm Shadow?
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation trailer – 10 Questions and/or Answers revealed