One thing that IDW artist Robert Atkins does that I love is showcase some of his commission work on his blog. Because of this, we get some awesome detail into the thought process behind work that we might not normally even know existed.
Today he provided some terrific inks for a commissioned Flint and Ace piece, with links to each step in the process.
Previously he also supplied an update to a terrfic Zartan, and a very nice classic Firefly piece that he had done as well. All of these items are awesome and deserve some Joe fan attention. Check out the various links below:
- Ace and Flint (with 25th Anniversary Ace as the apparent inspiration!)
- Zartan (For friend of GeneralsJoes and Twitter toy afficianado Caped Crusader)
Excellent work, and don’t forget, Robert Atkins is scheduled to make an appearance on the What’s on Joe Mind podcast this week, too, and I’m already fighting myself not to just geek out for 2 hours straight.
- Robert Atkins updates his blog with a great Firefly piece
- Must read Blogging at Robert Atkins Art!
- Excellent insight into upcoming Snake Eyes cover by Robert Atkins
- Robert Atkins continues to reveal details behind Cobra Commander’s redesign
- Robert Atkins holding a custom contest and includes JoeCustoms!