Well, he’s got some name and some star power, but certainly isn’t making the sequel seem any more credible from an artistic sense. Of course, I suppose anyone who thinks a sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is going to have artistic sense will be in for an ultimate disappointment next summer anyway.
Both Variety and Deadline Hollywood (who likely got the news from the same place) are reporting that not only is Dqyane Johnson in talks to be in the film, but he’s very likely to be playing heavy machine gunner and gourmet chef Roadblock. Although Heavy Duty had been the Joe’s requisite heavy machine gunner throughout the first part of the 21st Century, over the past few years with Resolute and Renegades, Roadblock has taken his place back amongst central G.I. Joe characters, which certainly pleases a lot of fans out there.
While he certainly is no Terry Crews (sorry Brian Truitt…) he does lend some star power and muscle behind the sequel. It will be interesting to see if this comes about.
Big thanks to snakeeyes566 of HissTank.com for spotting this nugget.
- Resolute Roadblock images posted on one-18th.com
- G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes is looking for a young Asian… and really, who isn’t?
- Rumor – Screenwriter for G.I. Joe film sequel has been hired
- Cobra “Strikes” the G.I. Joe Sequel in Louisiana this summer
- Triple Play of TRU reviews posted at TerrorDrome.com