Lastly, we got some looks at the new Mech Suits coming out for Pursuit of Cobra. The Sigma 6 2.5” vehicles with some heavily tooled cockpits really mesh with the new age Joe universe perfectly, and both G.I. Joe and Cobra have ‘em. Retailing for $19.99, these should hit in August of 2010.
G.I. Joe and Cobra Mech Suits
- G.I. Joe Steel Marauder w/ Kickstart – A new driver, and a familiar green and black color scheme give us a nicely military, yet futuristic tool of destruction for G.I. Joe. I was in love with the Sigma 6 Iron Hammer, and I’m really digging this version as well. Sign me up.
- Cobra Deviant w/ Cyber-Viper – A fairly obscure vintage character gets a modern remake and he’s piloting a pretty neat, modified version of the G.I. Joe mech. These two vehicles really can go toe-to-toe and they both look very cool.
And that was about it. G.I. Joe had a fairly tame showing compared to Transformers, Marvel, and Star Wars, but us Joe fans are pretty used to that. I know there wasn’t a whole lot of new coolness to see, but what we did see was pretty incredible. The Pursuit of Cobra is taking G.I. Joe in an awesome direction…absolutely awesome. And Resolute is just the perfect icing on the cake. There wasn’t much seen there that I didn’t really like, and I have a feeling we’ll see a lot more in April/May at JoeCon.
- Toy Fair Report Part 1 – Pursuit of Cobra Figures
- Toy Fair Report Part 2 – Pursuit of Cobra Vehicles (Alpha and Bravo)
- More detailed images of the upcoming Mech Suits and Jurassic Park
- Pursuit of Cobra Mech Suit images – Iron Hammer giddiness ensues!
- Toy Fair Report Part 3 – G.I. Joe Resolute 7-Packs