Over on HissTank.com, Gyre-Viper revealed some descriptions (which were then followed by actual images, mirrored below) of potential upcoming vehicles…and as usual, I’m pretty impressed. Pretty impressed only because the apparent second wave of Rip Attack vehicles looks as uninspired as the first (especially those figures… yuck), but the retooled and modified Ghost Hawk and that motorcycle that looks to be strongly Dreadnok related are both balls out!
The Ghost Hawk was pretty much defined by those crazy rear stabilizers, which have been tooled way down to a more streamlined exhaust engine…while that motorcycle is just pure sickness. Love the blades, love the dual handlebar weaponry. Hot damn that’s a freaking awesome looking little bike. Kind of tough to tell what the deal with the driver is, but still looks great all the same.
Of course the real question is…will we see this at retail? It’s obvious a drastic theme shift is going on at Hasbro with some scrambling to redefine the way we’ll see G.I. Joe in 2010, and it’ll be interesting to see if these make the cut. There’s a lot of new tooling there, and obviously they’re pretty far along in the production process, so signs point to “yes”, but just something to watch for…maybe we’ll learn something more at Toy Fair in just under a month. I’ll certainly be on pins and needles waiting for it.
- Awesome images and details on 2010 G.I. Joe Pursuit of COBRA Line
- Potential upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive Combat Heroes pack on TaoBao
- UPDATE – Tons of new pictures of potential upcoming items from Unitedwell923!
- Images online for the first wave of Pursuit of Cobra “Rip Attack” vehicles
- Channing Tatum and Dennis Quaid talk potential sequel to G.I. Joe