So, over the next day or two, various Hasbro round tables will go on giving us some cool information and a peek into what’s to come for 2010. The entire Convention schedule is mirrored below:
So, the dates and times of note are as follows. Keep in mind this is all Central Time:
- Thursday, 7:00pm: Package Pick-Up and Exclusive item purchases. Expect pictures and details to come flooding in as Convention attendees pick up their exclusive packages and get first hand looks at all of the goodies that the GIJCC is offering this year at their dealer table. This has basically already occurred tonight.
- Friday, 12:00 – 12:50: G.I. Joe: The Rise of COBRA Panel. I would assume this covers the film, the film’s success, and may involve some Q & A with folks involved in the production.
- Friday, 1:00 – 1:50: Hasbro Marketing for G.I. Joe 2010 and beyond. This is the panel everyone is waiting for, where Hasbro reveals some of their 2010 product plans and unveils some of the toys to come for next year or beyond.
- Friday, 2:00pm Sales/Display floor opens to registered members for a sneak preview. Folks on the ground will report in first hand on what’s in the display cases and what sorts of cool stuff the rest of us are all missing out on!
- Saturday, 9:00am – 9:50: GIJCC Newsletter and Comic Q & A. This is something new for this year where I guess folks can ask questions about newsletter production and interact with the team behind it.
- Saturday, 11:00am – 11:50: Another G.I. Joe: The Rise of COBRA panel
- Saturday, 12:00pm – 12:50: IDW Panel featuring a hint of things to come as well as a Q & A session with the IDW folks behind the comics.
- Saturday, 3:00pm – 3:50: GIJCC Roundtable, discussion with the guys behind the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club who talk about potential future projects (hopefully the Dr. Venom/Adventure Team is on top of their list… ) and answer questions about production of the convention and convention exclusives every year.
- Saturday, 4:00pm – 4:50: Electronic Arts discussion about the Rise of COBRA game, with a Q & A session about the game production and what goes into it.
Of course, there is much, MUCH more, visible at the schedule images above, but those are the highlights, and probably the discussions that I’ll be focused on covering. There will be a TON of stuff going on all weekend, should be a fun, busy time. Enjoy!