This won’t be a word for word transcript, but I’m going to try and relay as much information as possible into this one, easy-to-find post for folks who couldn’t check it out live…turns out, as I suspected, there’s not a whole lot of new information, because we’ve practically seen it all from overseas sources already, but there might be some tidbits here. Click the “Read the Full Story” link below to get the whole rundown of the panel and Q & A Session.
- First discussion was about the Diorama in the main area and how folks were going absolutely ga ga over it.
- First toys shown were the “Wave 4″ single packs, including Kamakura, Red Fang Ninja, Charbroil, Nano-Viper, and Night Adder
1 – Kamakura will be in the Electronic Arts Video Game
2 – Night Adder is a singular character and head of COBRA security
- Alpha Vehicles shown next, Polar Shark Sub w/ Ice Storm, Lava Pod w/ Volcano Viper, Tiger Claw ATV with Leatherneck
- Dragonhawk XH1 w/ Wild Bill shown next. “Lots of Features”
- Target – Past and Present set with the two Rockslides
- There will be more “Past and Present” sets in 2010! Possibly to include single figures as well
- RHINO w/ Rampage debuted officially
- Toys “R” Us – Desert 5-Pack shown
- Attack of the Pit 5-Pack shown
- Wal-Mart – Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow Ninja Battles set (will come with a LOT of weapons, and the Arashikage Dojo)
- Wal-Mart – Battle Station mini playsets w/ figures (All of which we saw yesterday)
- Wal-Mart – Off Screen two-packs (Tunnel Rat/Monkeywrench, Shockwave/Night Creeper, Gung Ho/Copperhead)
Q & A
- Resolute Boxed set CONFIRMED for 2010! Resolute tooling will be used in the movie line this year, but the right coloring and correct deco’s will all be utilized for the boxed set next year
- The Roadblock/Heavy Duty dynamic more a result of Roadblock’s history in the cartoon. Didn’t want a “rhyming wanna-be chef” intermixed into the film. Put him in Resolute as a call out to the fans. They wanted to differentiate the Rise of COBRA/Resolute universe in that way.
- No Transformers/G.I. Joe crossovers expected any time soon
- Snake Eyes mask-mouth was pulled from early Devils’ Due design sketches, movie team went with it.
- Game and comic universe will go hand in hand
- The video game has been in production for nearly 18 months
- Accessible to all ages
- Showed off the E3 Trailer
- There will be some classic vehicles that can be used in the game
- New HissTank design has not been made into a toy
- Real-Time character switching similar to Lego Star Wars
- Bonus content for the game includes the classic PSA’s, 75 Filecards, concept art; You can collect “Battle Points” to unlock these things
- Special unlock codes for classic costumes as well
- Helix will be in the video game
- Joe vs. COBRA multiplayer in the Nintendo DS version of the game
- Downloadable Content is possible, but nothing concrete
- There will be Trophy Support for the PS3
And that was the panel! As I said, not a whole lot of new information, but The Terror Drome should be getting pics up post haste, so keep eyes open.
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of COBRA panel schedule confirmed for ComicCon
- SDCC Coverage Day 1 – Preview Night
- T-Minus 30 minutes until the Hasbro panel…
- Some great new pics and details of upcoming Rise of COBRA figures
- More SDCC Rise of COBRA Diorama Goodness from HissTank.com