Lots of news came out of the G.I. Joe panel at Orlando’s FX International and Newsarama provides the details.
Some of the key points…
- Dixon has plotted through issue 18.
- Robert Atkins is on art through issue 6, then SL Gallant (Movie Prequel Destro and Duke) is on art for issues 7 through 12, with Atkins returning for issues 13 through 15.
G.I. Joe Origins
- Origins is now an ongoing series, with arcs focusing on either a group or a single joe.
- No mention of the creative team, it is not known if Larry Hama will continue to write the series.
G.I. Joe Cobra
- Still a four issue limited series
- But there will be another mini-series with the same creative team.
- Larry Hama is going to be drawing an issue (unknown which title).
- A Baroness one-shot is planned with Ben Templesmith on art and Mark Andreyko writing.
Newsarama also had news earlier in the weekend about Michael Golden and the G.I. Joe Yearbook Redux.
- Michael Golden and IDW are recoloring and re-editing the story from G.I. Joe Yearbook #2 “Triple Play”.
- It will contain at least 5 pages of new artwork.