Chris Ryall expanded on the recent announcement from IDW about the status of their G.I. Joe books by providing a few extra tidbits, mostly in the way of cover images. Mr. Ryall states in his Ryalltime blog that starting with Issue #7, the ongoing Joe title will get a nice gatefold cover to celebrate the start of a new storyline. That awesome cover can be seen below:
Along with the gatefold cover for Issue #7, the Editor in Chief also showed off the latest work by Tom Feister for G.I. Joe: Origins #6:
Sounds like things are going well in the Joe publishing realm! Big thanks to Jeff Bohn for the tip.
Oh. My. God.
Yeah… if this is what’s going to happen every time I take a day off to actually get some work done, I’m going to take a whole lot more days off! Good grief, the floodgates opened. I’m not even sure where to start.
First and foremost, Asia blew the doors open with a sudden outpouring of photographs of figures never seen before. Pretty ironic that we got some Wal-Mart listings yesterday, and now all of a sudden these pictures all start flying over the Pacific. Whatever the reasoning is, there are a ton of great pics of great new product at a bunch of different places. You enterpising Joe fans that you are have probably checked them out already, but here are the links anyway:
- HissTank.com (Resolute Roadblock, Destro, and Wild Bill)
- The TerrorDrome (A whole lot more including the aforementioned ones, plus a bunch of figures from apparent Wal-Mart 2-packs and vehicle drivers)
- HissTank.com (the same pic batch as the TerrorDrome ones above)
Lots of news came out of the G.I. Joe panel at Orlando’s FX International and Newsarama provides the details.
Some of the key points…
- Dixon has plotted through issue 18.
- Robert Atkins is on art through issue 6, then SL Gallant (Movie Prequel Destro and Duke) is on art for issues 7 through 12, with Atkins returning for issues 13 through 15.
G.I. Joe Origins
- Origins is now an ongoing series, with arcs focusing on either a group or a single joe.
- No mention of the creative team, it is not known if Larry Hama will continue to write the series.
G.I. Joe Cobra
- Still a four issue limited series
- But there will be another mini-series with the same creative team.
- Larry Hama is going to be drawing an issue (unknown which title).
- A Baroness one-shot is planned with Ben Templesmith on art and Mark Andreyko writing.
Newsarama also had news earlier in the weekend about Michael Golden and the G.I. Joe Yearbook Redux.
- Michael Golden and IDW are recoloring and re-editing the story from G.I. Joe Yearbook #2 “Triple Play”.
- It will contain at least 5 pages of new artwork.