As I’ve been perusing different sites looking at various links to articles about the video game it occurrs to me that many of these articles are saying separate things about the game that others are not. Some have certain details that others don’t, and still others mention some things that I did not realize until I’d read the 4th or 5th press release on this thing. So all that being said, I figured I’d collect all the info in one easy-to-follow place, and maybe help folks get an idea what we’re looking forward to. Read on…
- The game is being distributed by Electronic Arts, the website has gone live.
- It is being developed by “Double Helix”, responsible for games Silent Hill: Homecoming, as well as games based on the Star Wars and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer properties. More details can be found at their website here. This studio is a result of a merger between The Collective and Shiny Entertainment.
- The game will hit retail in conjunction with the movie release in early August, but the exact release date is not yet known.
- Systems the game is slated to be released for are X-Box 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, and Nintendo DS.
- Story takes place after the events of G.I. Joe: Rise of COBRA, yet also intertwines with events in the movie as well. According to the press release, the game will also allow you to relive the greatest moments from the film, cartoon, and action figure series.
- According to this article, the game is played in the third person perspective.
- There will be 12 characters with their own unique weapons and skill sets.
- You can “assemble a team” to tackle each mission
- Multiplayer will be available via a single screen Co-Op mode, though integration with X-Box Live was not mentioned.
- There will be vehicles that you can drive/pilot, steal, or hijack
- Toy Fair will have an exclusive “First Look” during the Hasbro showroom tour, happening on Saturday, February 14th.
That’s about everything I’ve gleened so far, once again simply taking info from various different sources.